Your oral health can greatly affect not only your physical look, but your self-confidence as well. To make sure that you are always ready to face anyone, here are some reminders to keep your teeth, gums and mouth healthy.
- Always choose wisely what you eat and drink. The simple rule is this: the darker the food or drink is, the more likely it can stain the teeth. Since you cannot avoid everything, the best thing to do is to brush your teeth right away. It will also be useful to use a safe bleaching agent.
- Eating an apple is a good way to clean your teeth naturally. Aside from apple, you can also consume raw celery or carrots. They are known as detergent foods because of their ability to remove dirt from your teeth.
- Baking soda can also help in removing teeth stains too. You can use it like toothpaste. Just make sure to spit it out after you gargle.
- Stop smoking. Aside from bad breath, smoking is also a popular culprit for stained teeth. This vice is also linked to numerous respiratory problems such as lung cancer. Each cigarette contains thousands of toxins that you inhale into your body.
- Change your toothbrush regularly. According to experts, it should be changed at least every two months. Your toothbrush accumulates bacteria, which can be transferred to your mouth during brushing.
- Use just enough amount of fluoride to strengthen the enamel of your teeth. If you water does not contain fluoride, it will be best to talk to your dentist on what you can do about it. He/she may suggest manual fluoride application if necessary.
- Brush your teeth for at least two minutes each time. It is also important to know the correct brushing technique. If you want to know if you are doing it correctly, you can ask your dentist or just check out videos online.
- The most important times to brush your teeth is right after you wake-up and before you go back to bed at night.
- Floss your teeth regularly. Flossing can prevent the formation of tooth decay because it will remove trapped food particles in between the teeth.
- Aside from flossing, it will also be helpful to use mouthwash. This will help in reducing the bacteria in your mouth.
- Follow a well-balanced diet. Your diet should include calcium-rich foods such as cheese, almonds, green leafy vegetables and tofu.
- Don’t forget to give attention to your tongue when brushing your teeth. You can use a tongue scraper to remove plaque build-up. One of the most common causes of bad breath is actually the bacteria build-up in your tongue, so scraping it will definitely help.
Your oral health is an important facet of your over-all wellness. If you do not take good care of your teeth, gums and mouth, you will be at risk of developing more health diseases. Moreover, it can also affect the way you carry yourself in front of other people.
During summertime, it is doubly important to care for the skin. Hot and humid weather can be very challenging when it comes to keeping the skin healthy. Summer temperature can lead to many skin problems such as heat rash, pigmentation and even premature aging. To help your skin cope with the weather, here are some simple tips you can do to care for the largest organ in your body.
- Because of the heat, the skin will tend to lose more moisture. Therefore, it should be a priority to always stay hydrated. Drink at least 8 glasses per day to ensure that your skin will remain well-moisturized all throughout the day. Water is also important in removing toxins from the body that can affect the condition of the skin.
- Always wear sunscreen even on cloudy days. The sun’s harmful rays are very powerful, so a reliable sunscreen is a must. If you have fair skin, you should wear at least SPF 30 when going out. Also, do not forget to protect your lips too. There are lip products that can also provide sun protection.
- To achieve a beautiful summer skin, include melon in your diet. Aside from the antioxidants, it can also help in skin hydration.
- It will also be helpful to stay away from the sun from 10 am to 3 pm. These are considered the hottest hours and can be too harsh for the skin.
- As much as possible, avoid tanning beds. Did you know that they are linked to skin cancer? To put it simply, it is not safer than the sun. If you plan to use a tanning lotion, make sure that all the ingredients that it contains are safe.
- Do not under estimate the importance of using a toner. A good toner will help close the pores in your skin while also keeping it cool. This is, of course, a good idea especially during hot days. If you love the more natural ones, you can use rose water, since it also has cooling properties.
- If you are out basking in the sun, it will be ideal to always have a face mist everywhere you go. An awesome mist will have a good amount of antioxidants. It will not only help you to cool down, but also help protect the outer layer of your skin.
- Exfoliate your skin once a week. Dead skin cells can make your skin look dull and dry. Through exfoliation, you will be able to remove the dead skin cells to achieve a more radiant look.
- Aside from exfoliating the skin, it is also important to moisturize it. Find a good moisturizer that can prevent your skin from becoming dry and rough.
- Make sure to wash your face at least twice a day. A gentle and reliable facial wash can make a big difference in the health of your skin. There are a lot of cleansers that are packed with ingredients that can remove dead skin cells too.
- A cool shower after a busy day can help you to prevent acne breakouts. It will not only tighten the pores, but also remove excess oil in your skin.
- Did you know that drinking red wine during the summer can actually benefit your skin? Yes, you’ve read that right! According to studies, a component from the wine can help in acute sunburn because of its anti-inflammatory properties. In addition to this, it is also packed with antioxidants, which can prevent premature aging.
- When it comes to make-up, choose light cosmetics that are also waterproof. If it is too hot, the tendency is that your make-up will become a mess because of the temperature. If you are confident enough, you can even skip on wearing make-up if you want to give the skin a break to breathe. If your skin is glowing already, there will be no need for so much make-up anymore.
The burning hot temperature during summer can affect the skin negatively. And just like what we have mentioned earlier, skin is considered the largest organ in the body, so it really needs much attention. Consider doing the tips listed above and see for yourself what it can do to your skin.
A lot of us enjoy buying cosmetics so much. The only problem is that there are so many brands to choose from. From sexy red lipstick to the very best foundation, the varieties seem to be endless. To give you a guide, we will be listing some awesome tips when buying make-up products.
- Do as much research as you can. You can ask for recommendations from your family and friends on what products to buy. It is also great to check feedbacks online.
- Go to the store without make-up so that it will be easier for you to try out different brands.
- Consider the type of your skin when shopping for cosmetics. There are products that are specifically intended for dry, sensitive or acne-prone skin. Do not forget to check the labels carefully.
- Speaking of labels, you should also remember to check if the make-up you are buying has been approved by the FDA. This is essential to ensure that it does not contain harsh chemicals.
- Explore the different aisles. You do not need to buy the first make-up that you see.
- Bring a shopping buddy who also loves make-up. It is nice to have another opinion on what looks great on you. Make-up shopping is a great bonding time too!
- Be smart and take advantage of samples. This is very ideal for those who do not want to buy right away. You can check out samples first to know if the brand is for you. It will save you a lot of money.
- If you are trying out a product for the first time, go for the smallest size. Go for larger ones once you are sure the product is a must buy.
- Don’t hesitate to ask the salesperson. Ask questions and opinions on what cosmetics are perfect for your skin texture, type and color. They will surely be glad to help you.
- Skip products that contain diethanolamine, monoethonolamine and triethanolamine. These ingredients have been linked to the development of cancer according to studies. They are a staple in household cleaning products.
- Determine what you need to splurge on. Most women invest in good foundation because it is something that they use religiously. It will depend on what is valuable to you.
- When it comes to buying foundation and powder, natural lighting is very important or else, you may end up buying the wrong shade for your skin.
- Do not just pick a lipstick because of its beautiful color or shade. There are also other factors to consider such as its smell and how long it lasts.
- If you want to return a make-up that you have purchased, check the return policy of the store first. A lot of stores allow you to return a product even if it has already been opened. Just make sure that you have a valid reason for returning it.
Buying your make-up should be fun and hassle-free, so do not stress yourself too much. Just follow the tips listed above and you will surely have a great make-up shopping experience.
I came across this wonderful YouTube video from the guys and gals over at Mode.com and thought I would share it. It really does show how much has changed in what we wear over the years as fashion and society changes. You will also notice that the exercises we do to get fit have also changed undoubtedly as we learn more and more about what works and what doesn’t.
More recently there has been a huge surge in gym wear and lifestyle brands who cater towards the fitness minded individual. It wasn’t too long ago when there were rather limited options in what you could wear. The surge in variety has no doubt been fuelled by fitness and living a healthy lifestyle becoming part of the mainstream and generally accepted as something you should definitely do.
In terms of options within the UK we are quite lucky. Of course we have all of the big name brands like Nike and Adidas but we are also home to some of the largest purely gym wear brands in the World such as Gymshark, Physiq Apparel, Witness The Fitness to name but a few. We also have the brand Body Engineers in Europe so I can clearly say that we are leading the World when it comes to gym clothing.
Gymshark is my personal favourite and they first came to my attention when one of their sponsored athletes, Lex Fitness, mentioned them on his YouTube channel. He has a 10% voucher code you can use which is LEX10 or you can get a wider range of Gymshark discount code here. Gymshark was actually formed back in 2012, would you believe, by 2 British teenagers and have grown massively in 4 short years to be the largest brand of their kind. This was very much thanks to the likes of their social media following of their athletes such as Steve Cook and Matt Ogus. Whilst they started out with a men’s line they have expanded it into a substantial women’s line as well including hoodies, sports bras, leggings etc They really do have some innovative designs and are leading the way with their seamless range. The quality is also very good and the material is durable.
Your hair is your crowning glory. Therefore, it is essential to take care of it so that it will be strong and healthy all the time. If you want to achieve the perfect hair that you have been dreaming of, here are some golden rules you should follow.
- Do not over wash your hair. According to hair experts, washing your hair everyday is not ideal and that two to three times a week will suffice. Over washing can strip off the natural oil of the hair leaving it very dry. Although, it is also wise to listen to what you hair tells you. If it is too oily, washing it more often may help.
- Have a well-balanced diet. What you eat can affect the condition of your hair. For beautiful hair, you need to include in your diet foods that are rich in zinc, iron and protein. To stimulate healthy hair growth, Omega 3 fatty acid is crucial. You will need vitamins and minerals to ensure a normal hair growth cycle.
- Avoid heat styling as much as possible. We know it’s tempting to always use your iron/curler, but it can damage your hair in the long run. If you cannot avoid it, make sure to use a heat protectant. Another alternative is to use steam rollers.
- When showering, only use cold or lukewarm water, just like what we already mentioned, heat can damage your hair.
- For those who really love to use hair iron, just invest on a good and reliable one. Stick with the low or medium setting during styling.
- If you are tempted to pluck your gray hair, stop right there! Avoid plucking because it can damage the hair follicle.
- Use aloe vera to revitalize your damaged hair. All you need to do is to apply aloe vera gel to your hair as a replacement of your conditioner. Leave it for a couple of minutes before rinsing. This natural treatment can add shine to your dry and brittle crowning glory. In addition to this, it can also add volume to your hair.
- Use conditioner everytime you shampoo your hair. Choose a conditioner that can moisturize the scalp well. Aside from moisturizing your scalp, it can also prevent tangling and even hair breakage. Make sure to use the proper type for your hair. Some conditioners are intended for dry hair, while other should be used by those with oily hair. Always read the label.
- As much as possible avoid brushing your hair while it is still wet to prevent breakage. The best thing to do is to let it air dry for around 5 to 10 minutes before brushing.
- Once you have found the best hair product for you, stick with it. The need to switch hair product brands regularly for healthier hair is just a myth. If the brand you are using makes your hair more beautiful, then why change it?
- Prevent too much sun exposure. Too much heat can damage your hair. There are heat protectants with SPF if you really want to enjoy your time basking under the sun.
- Trim your hair regularly. Most hair experts recommend to have a haircut at least every 6 weeks. This will prevent the formation of split ends. It is also a good way to increase your confidence. A good haircut can work wonders on how you carry yourself.Maintaining a shiny and healthy hair is easy if you know how to take good care of it. Be guided by the rules in the list above and make your hair become more attractive each day.
Maintaining a shiny and healthy hair is easy if you know how to take good care of it. Be guided by the rules in the list above and make your hair become more attractive each day.
You do not have to be a professional make-up artist to get the perfect look that you want. Most of the time, all you need is some practice with tricks that can help you accentuate your best features. To help you, here are some simple, but very helpful make-up tricks that you should definitely try now!
- Get perfect eyebrows by avoiding one block color all throughout. When filling eyebrows, it should start off light and then becoming darker and more defined in the middle. From there, fade out the color until the end part. This will ensure that your eyebrows will look very natural.
- When it comes to using a concealer to hide eye bags, it is not ideal to cover the whole area under the eye. A lot of us are guilty of this. The correct thing to do is to first highlight the crease and then apply a darker shade in the areas that are puffy.
- It is possible to prevent getting the very “cakey” look because of foundation. Once you have applied foundation, wipe your cheeks with a tissue before applying your blush.
- Did you know that mascara should be replaced at least every 3 months? To prevent it from drying before you have finished using it, one to two drops of Visine or any brand of eye drop can do the trick.
- To make your eyeshadow pop, apply a white liner in your eyelids. This trick will intensify the shade of your makeup because of its opaque consistency.
- Use a blower for your eyelash curler before using it. By doing this, your lashes will curl easier. Just make sure to not overheat it. You do not want to burn your eyelids, right?
- For fuller lashes, you can use a translucent powder. Just dust it to your lashes in between your mascara application.
- Use a nude pencil to create an illusion of a bigger eye. Apply the pencil in your waterline and see for yourself what big difference it can make.
- Add in a drop or two of Argan oil to your foundation before application. Blend them very well. This trick will help you achieve a more natural look. It can make you look picture perfect each time.
There you have it! These are just some of the best make-up tricks that you should know. Just practice your skills and you will surely become better in time.
We all want to have a radiant and youthful skin that is glowing. While aging is a natural process and there will really come a time when the skin will show changes, it does not mean that you cannot do anything to maintain healthy and young-looking skin no matter what age you are in right now.
There are a lot of simple ways to have a skin that is to die for. By using our tips below, you will surely be surprise on how easy it is to look and feel young.
- Always moisturize your skin. As we age, the skin may lose its elasticity. This is the main reason why fine lines and wrinkles form. To avoid premature signs of aging, use a good moisturizer on a regular basis.
- Have a healthy diet. Make sure that you are eating a well-balanced diet with a lot vegetables and fruits. As much as possible, avoid eating fatty foods as they may trigger more oil production in the skin making you more prone to acne breakouts. If there is too much oil in the skin, it can clog the pores resulting to whiteheads and blackheads.
- Drinking at least 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is crucial for healthy skin. Aside from helping you to get rid of toxins, it is also essential for clear skin. Juices and other drinks should not be a substitute for your water needs.
- When it comes to cosmetics, make sure that you buy non-comedogenic products. These are beauty products that do not clog the pores. As we all know, clogged pores will result to breakouts.
- Speaking of cosmetics, do not forget to remove your make-up before sleeping. This will give your skin a time to breathe.
- Do not forget to wear sunscreen all the time. It does not matter if the sun is out or not, protecting your skin form the harmful rays of the sun is a must. According to American Academy of Dermatology, SPF 30 is enough for everyday use. For longer exposure outdoors, SPF 50 will suffice.
- Have enough sleep. During sleep, the body, including the skin, reenergizes. In addition to this, lack of sleep can actually increase the production of the hormone, which is called cortisol. When this happens, not only your stress level will be affected, but the condition of your skin as well.
- Have a regular exercise regimen. The more active you are, the better blood flow you have. Those living a sedentary lifestyle are not only at risk for various health problems, but bad skin as well. Also, did you know that exercising can boost one’s mood significantly? That’s like hitting two birds with one stone!
- Never pop your pimples. You will just create a bigger problem if you will give in to the temptation of popping your pimple. It may lead to infection and scarring.
- Exfoliate the skin once a week. Aside from removing dead skin, exfoliating the skin can boost collagen production. Collagen is important in maintaining the skin’s elasticity. If the collagen is not enough, the skin will start developing the different signs of aging such as wrinkles and crow’s feet.
- Use anti-aging products. There are so many good products in the market today. All you have to do is to choose the best one for you. As for the opinion of an expert.
- Undergo treatments if you want. For example, if your problem is sagging skin, you can try undergoing thermage treatment.
Skin is the largest organ in the body. Yes, you have read that right! While a lot of us are already pretty conscious with our skin, we still sometimes forget the dos and don’ts when it comes to skin care. Follow the tips we have listed above and see for yourself how many positive changes bring not only to your skin, but your over-all health as well.
Diet plays a significant role in the condition of one’s skin. In order to achieve a natural glowing skin that is healthy and radiant, you need to have a well-balanced diet. If you are wondering what foods can give your skin the biggest boost it needs to become more youthful, then this is your lucky day!
In this article, we will be listing what you should add to your diet if you want to have clear and perfect skin.
- Lemons are packed with Vitamin C that is very good for the skin. It is also known to have the ability to fight cellulites. For those who are not fond of lemons, you can always use it as a natural cleanser. It can lighten dark spots and other skin blemishes.
- Fishes like salmon and sardines are rich in Omega 3 fatty acid. Aside from protecting the skin from damage caused by too much sun exposure, it is also known to help keep the cell membranes of the skin healthy. This fatty acid can also keep the toxins out of the skin while only allowing nutrients and water to nourish skin cells. However, it is also important to remember that fried fishes are not ideal; you can go for steamed if you want.
- When it comes to antioxidants, you can always count on apples. This delicious fruit contains a good amount of antioxidants that can help prevent premature aging of the skin. In addition to this, it can also prevent cell damage. Apples are good for your over-all health. As the saying goes, an apple a day keeps the doctors away.
- Carrots are rich in beta carotene, making it a good choice for your skin’s health. It is known to give the skin a natural glow while also preventing the development of wrinkles and fine lines.
Aside from diet, you should also remember that changing your lifestyle for the better is equally important. An over-all lifestyle change can make a big difference. If you want to have a youthful-looking skin that is naturally glowing, you should understand that all factors such as diet, activity, stress level and rest all work hand in hand.