We all want to have a radiant and youthful skin that is glowing. While aging is a natural process and there will really come a time when the skin will show changes, it does not mean that you cannot do anything to maintain healthy and young-looking skin no matter what age you are in right now.
There are a lot of simple ways to have a skin that is to die for. By using our tips below, you will surely be surprise on how easy it is to look and feel young.
- Always moisturize your skin. As we age, the skin may lose its elasticity. This is the main reason why fine lines and wrinkles form. To avoid premature signs of aging, use a good moisturizer on a regular basis.
- Have a healthy diet. Make sure that you are eating a well-balanced diet with a lot vegetables and fruits. As much as possible, avoid eating fatty foods as they may trigger more oil production in the skin making you more prone to acne breakouts. If there is too much oil in the skin, it can clog the pores resulting to whiteheads and blackheads.
- Drinking at least 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is crucial for healthy skin. Aside from helping you to get rid of toxins, it is also essential for clear skin. Juices and other drinks should not be a substitute for your water needs.
- When it comes to cosmetics, make sure that you buy non-comedogenic products. These are beauty products that do not clog the pores. As we all know, clogged pores will result to breakouts.
- Speaking of cosmetics, do not forget to remove your make-up before sleeping. This will give your skin a time to breathe.
- Do not forget to wear sunscreen all the time. It does not matter if the sun is out or not, protecting your skin form the harmful rays of the sun is a must. According to American Academy of Dermatology, SPF 30 is enough for everyday use. For longer exposure outdoors, SPF 50 will suffice.
- Have enough sleep. During sleep, the body, including the skin, reenergizes. In addition to this, lack of sleep can actually increase the production of the hormone, which is called cortisol. When this happens, not only your stress level will be affected, but the condition of your skin as well.
- Have a regular exercise regimen. The more active you are, the better blood flow you have. Those living a sedentary lifestyle are not only at risk for various health problems, but bad skin as well. Also, did you know that exercising can boost one’s mood significantly? That’s like hitting two birds with one stone!
- Never pop your pimples. You will just create a bigger problem if you will give in to the temptation of popping your pimple. It may lead to infection and scarring.
- Exfoliate the skin once a week. Aside from removing dead skin, exfoliating the skin can boost collagen production. Collagen is important in maintaining the skin’s elasticity. If the collagen is not enough, the skin will start developing the different signs of aging such as wrinkles and crow’s feet.
- Use anti-aging products. There are so many good products in the market today. All you have to do is to choose the best one for you. As for the opinion of an expert.
- Undergo treatments if you want. For example, if your problem is sagging skin, you can try undergoing thermage treatment.
Skin is the largest organ in the body. Yes, you have read that right! While a lot of us are already pretty conscious with our skin, we still sometimes forget the dos and don’ts when it comes to skin care. Follow the tips we have listed above and see for yourself how many positive changes bring not only to your skin, but your over-all health as well.