During summertime, it is doubly important to care for the skin. Hot and humid weather can be very challenging when it comes to keeping the skin healthy. Summer temperature can lead to many skin problems such as heat rash, pigmentation and even premature aging. To help your skin cope with the weather, here are some simple tips you can do to care for the largest organ in your body.
- Because of the heat, the skin will tend to lose more moisture. Therefore, it should be a priority to always stay hydrated. Drink at least 8 glasses per day to ensure that your skin will remain well-moisturized all throughout the day. Water is also important in removing toxins from the body that can affect the condition of the skin.
- Always wear sunscreen even on cloudy days. The sun’s harmful rays are very powerful, so a reliable sunscreen is a must. If you have fair skin, you should wear at least SPF 30 when going out. Also, do not forget to protect your lips too. There are lip products that can also provide sun protection.
- To achieve a beautiful summer skin, include melon in your diet. Aside from the antioxidants, it can also help in skin hydration.
- It will also be helpful to stay away from the sun from 10 am to 3 pm. These are considered the hottest hours and can be too harsh for the skin.
- As much as possible, avoid tanning beds. Did you know that they are linked to skin cancer? To put it simply, it is not safer than the sun. If you plan to use a tanning lotion, make sure that all the ingredients that it contains are safe.
- Do not under estimate the importance of using a toner. A good toner will help close the pores in your skin while also keeping it cool. This is, of course, a good idea especially during hot days. If you love the more natural ones, you can use rose water, since it also has cooling properties.
- If you are out basking in the sun, it will be ideal to always have a face mist everywhere you go. An awesome mist will have a good amount of antioxidants. It will not only help you to cool down, but also help protect the outer layer of your skin.
- Exfoliate your skin once a week. Dead skin cells can make your skin look dull and dry. Through exfoliation, you will be able to remove the dead skin cells to achieve a more radiant look.
- Aside from exfoliating the skin, it is also important to moisturize it. Find a good moisturizer that can prevent your skin from becoming dry and rough.
- Make sure to wash your face at least twice a day. A gentle and reliable facial wash can make a big difference in the health of your skin. There are a lot of cleansers that are packed with ingredients that can remove dead skin cells too.
- A cool shower after a busy day can help you to prevent acne breakouts. It will not only tighten the pores, but also remove excess oil in your skin.
- Did you know that drinking red wine during the summer can actually benefit your skin? Yes, you’ve read that right! According to studies, a component from the wine can help in acute sunburn because of its anti-inflammatory properties. In addition to this, it is also packed with antioxidants, which can prevent premature aging.
- When it comes to make-up, choose light cosmetics that are also waterproof. If it is too hot, the tendency is that your make-up will become a mess because of the temperature. If you are confident enough, you can even skip on wearing make-up if you want to give the skin a break to breathe. If your skin is glowing already, there will be no need for so much make-up anymore.
The burning hot temperature during summer can affect the skin negatively. And just like what we have mentioned earlier, skin is considered the largest organ in the body, so it really needs much attention. Consider doing the tips listed above and see for yourself what it can do to your skin.