Your hair is your crowning glory. Therefore, it is essential to take care of it so that it will be strong and healthy all the time. If you want to achieve the perfect hair that you have been dreaming of, here are some golden rules you should follow.
- Do not over wash your hair. According to hair experts, washing your hair everyday is not ideal and that two to three times a week will suffice. Over washing can strip off the natural oil of the hair leaving it very dry. Although, it is also wise to listen to what you hair tells you. If it is too oily, washing it more often may help.
- Have a well-balanced diet. What you eat can affect the condition of your hair. For beautiful hair, you need to include in your diet foods that are rich in zinc, iron and protein. To stimulate healthy hair growth, Omega 3 fatty acid is crucial. You will need vitamins and minerals to ensure a normal hair growth cycle.
- Avoid heat styling as much as possible. We know it’s tempting to always use your iron/curler, but it can damage your hair in the long run. If you cannot avoid it, make sure to use a heat protectant. Another alternative is to use steam rollers.
- When showering, only use cold or lukewarm water, just like what we already mentioned, heat can damage your hair.
- For those who really love to use hair iron, just invest on a good and reliable one. Stick with the low or medium setting during styling.
- If you are tempted to pluck your gray hair, stop right there! Avoid plucking because it can damage the hair follicle.
- Use aloe vera to revitalize your damaged hair. All you need to do is to apply aloe vera gel to your hair as a replacement of your conditioner. Leave it for a couple of minutes before rinsing. This natural treatment can add shine to your dry and brittle crowning glory. In addition to this, it can also add volume to your hair.
- Use conditioner everytime you shampoo your hair. Choose a conditioner that can moisturize the scalp well. Aside from moisturizing your scalp, it can also prevent tangling and even hair breakage. Make sure to use the proper type for your hair. Some conditioners are intended for dry hair, while other should be used by those with oily hair. Always read the label.
- As much as possible avoid brushing your hair while it is still wet to prevent breakage. The best thing to do is to let it air dry for around 5 to 10 minutes before brushing.
- Once you have found the best hair product for you, stick with it. The need to switch hair product brands regularly for healthier hair is just a myth. If the brand you are using makes your hair more beautiful, then why change it?
- Prevent too much sun exposure. Too much heat can damage your hair. There are heat protectants with SPF if you really want to enjoy your time basking under the sun.
- Trim your hair regularly. Most hair experts recommend to have a haircut at least every 6 weeks. This will prevent the formation of split ends. It is also a good way to increase your confidence. A good haircut can work wonders on how you carry yourself.Maintaining a shiny and healthy hair is easy if you know how to take good care of it. Be guided by the rules in the list above and make your hair become more attractive each day.
Maintaining a shiny and healthy hair is easy if you know how to take good care of it. Be guided by the rules in the list above and make your hair become more attractive each day.