I came across this wonderful YouTube video from the guys and gals over at Mode.com and thought I would share it. It really does show how much has changed in what we wear over the years as fashion and society changes. You will also notice that the exercises we do to get fit have also changed undoubtedly as we learn more and more about what works and what doesn’t.
More recently there has been a huge surge in gym wear and lifestyle brands who cater towards the fitness minded individual. It wasn’t too long ago when there were rather limited options in what you could wear. The surge in variety has no doubt been fuelled by fitness and living a healthy lifestyle becoming part of the mainstream and generally accepted as something you should definitely do.
In terms of options within the UK we are quite lucky. Of course we have all of the big name brands like Nike and Adidas but we are also home to some of the largest purely gym wear brands in the World such as Gymshark, Physiq Apparel, Witness The Fitness to name but a few. We also have the brand Body Engineers in Europe so I can clearly say that we are leading the World when it comes to gym clothing.
Gymshark is my personal favourite and they first came to my attention when one of their sponsored athletes, Lex Fitness, mentioned them on his YouTube channel. He has a 10% voucher code you can use which is LEX10 or you can get a wider range of Gymshark discount code here. Gymshark was actually formed back in 2012, would you believe, by 2 British teenagers and have grown massively in 4 short years to be the largest brand of their kind. This was very much thanks to the likes of their social media following of their athletes such as Steve Cook and Matt Ogus. Whilst they started out with a men’s line they have expanded it into a substantial women’s line as well including hoodies, sports bras, leggings etc They really do have some innovative designs and are leading the way with their seamless range. The quality is also very good and the material is durable.
Your hair is your crowning glory. Therefore, it is essential to take care of it so that it will be strong and healthy all the time. If you want to achieve the perfect hair that you have been dreaming of, here are some golden rules you should follow.
- Do not over wash your hair. According to hair experts, washing your hair everyday is not ideal and that two to three times a week will suffice. Over washing can strip off the natural oil of the hair leaving it very dry. Although, it is also wise to listen to what you hair tells you. If it is too oily, washing it more often may help.
- Have a well-balanced diet. What you eat can affect the condition of your hair. For beautiful hair, you need to include in your diet foods that are rich in zinc, iron and protein. To stimulate healthy hair growth, Omega 3 fatty acid is crucial. You will need vitamins and minerals to ensure a normal hair growth cycle.
- Avoid heat styling as much as possible. We know it’s tempting to always use your iron/curler, but it can damage your hair in the long run. If you cannot avoid it, make sure to use a heat protectant. Another alternative is to use steam rollers.
- When showering, only use cold or lukewarm water, just like what we already mentioned, heat can damage your hair.
- For those who really love to use hair iron, just invest on a good and reliable one. Stick with the low or medium setting during styling.
- If you are tempted to pluck your gray hair, stop right there! Avoid plucking because it can damage the hair follicle.
- Use aloe vera to revitalize your damaged hair. All you need to do is to apply aloe vera gel to your hair as a replacement of your conditioner. Leave it for a couple of minutes before rinsing. This natural treatment can add shine to your dry and brittle crowning glory. In addition to this, it can also add volume to your hair.
- Use conditioner everytime you shampoo your hair. Choose a conditioner that can moisturize the scalp well. Aside from moisturizing your scalp, it can also prevent tangling and even hair breakage. Make sure to use the proper type for your hair. Some conditioners are intended for dry hair, while other should be used by those with oily hair. Always read the label.
- As much as possible avoid brushing your hair while it is still wet to prevent breakage. The best thing to do is to let it air dry for around 5 to 10 minutes before brushing.
- Once you have found the best hair product for you, stick with it. The need to switch hair product brands regularly for healthier hair is just a myth. If the brand you are using makes your hair more beautiful, then why change it?
- Prevent too much sun exposure. Too much heat can damage your hair. There are heat protectants with SPF if you really want to enjoy your time basking under the sun.
- Trim your hair regularly. Most hair experts recommend to have a haircut at least every 6 weeks. This will prevent the formation of split ends. It is also a good way to increase your confidence. A good haircut can work wonders on how you carry yourself.Maintaining a shiny and healthy hair is easy if you know how to take good care of it. Be guided by the rules in the list above and make your hair become more attractive each day.
Maintaining a shiny and healthy hair is easy if you know how to take good care of it. Be guided by the rules in the list above and make your hair become more attractive each day.
You do not have to be a professional make-up artist to get the perfect look that you want. Most of the time, all you need is some practice with tricks that can help you accentuate your best features. To help you, here are some simple, but very helpful make-up tricks that you should definitely try now!
- Get perfect eyebrows by avoiding one block color all throughout. When filling eyebrows, it should start off light and then becoming darker and more defined in the middle. From there, fade out the color until the end part. This will ensure that your eyebrows will look very natural.
- When it comes to using a concealer to hide eye bags, it is not ideal to cover the whole area under the eye. A lot of us are guilty of this. The correct thing to do is to first highlight the crease and then apply a darker shade in the areas that are puffy.
- It is possible to prevent getting the very “cakey” look because of foundation. Once you have applied foundation, wipe your cheeks with a tissue before applying your blush.
- Did you know that mascara should be replaced at least every 3 months? To prevent it from drying before you have finished using it, one to two drops of Visine or any brand of eye drop can do the trick.
- To make your eyeshadow pop, apply a white liner in your eyelids. This trick will intensify the shade of your makeup because of its opaque consistency.
- Use a blower for your eyelash curler before using it. By doing this, your lashes will curl easier. Just make sure to not overheat it. You do not want to burn your eyelids, right?
- For fuller lashes, you can use a translucent powder. Just dust it to your lashes in between your mascara application.
- Use a nude pencil to create an illusion of a bigger eye. Apply the pencil in your waterline and see for yourself what big difference it can make.
- Add in a drop or two of Argan oil to your foundation before application. Blend them very well. This trick will help you achieve a more natural look. It can make you look picture perfect each time.
There you have it! These are just some of the best make-up tricks that you should know. Just practice your skills and you will surely become better in time.